Do it on a Thursday...

Haven't you heard that Thursday is the new Friday!!!! So, if you spend your Thursday night like a diva, you feel that Friday at work was just a li'l blimp and that you've had an extended weekend. You just have to confuse your "work brain" to think that Friday's arrived on Thursday.

So what did I do today?

I came home from work an hour earlier. Made an appointment with my beautician (Oh you must have one on your speed dial) for a Pearl Facial, an exotic mani-pedi, some much needed grooming (read hair removal...oh not that much! I am not an ape!!!), a massage!!! Mmmm..!!! And now sipping on some hot jasmine tea, I am blogging!

So what's the point of all this? The point my deary is that you need to get yourself some "me-time". I know that term has been over used and abused. But I mean it. Some times to rejuvenate you need to hibernate. That must make sense because it rhymed! Everyday is a fight against the clock. I have had many people ask me how do you manage the time. But, what they don't understand is that God gave me 24 hours too. I just prioritize my life and my day first thing in the morning, and my morning starts really early at 5.45 AM. I have learnt to manage time by prioritizing.

And why do I say do it on a Thursday? It all started when I was living in Sydney and how people would leave work at least an hour earlier for "shopping day", the day (Thursday) that stores would remain open till 10.00PM. Strange that stores closed at 5.30PM every other day, and they still made a killer profit! Amazingly, what a major difference it made in people's lives since they did all that they wanted on Thursdays - salon appointments, shopping, buying groceries, etc. It opened up the entire weekend that's 48 hours for nothing but relaxation, entertainment, love, happiness, joy. No wonder everyone was so perky on a Monday morning. And there I was, a rat in the race, sipping on my double espresso with double the might to deal with the week ahead!

So ladies, do it on a Thursday! We are all allowed to leave work early once in a week!

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts