Get That Sexy RED Pout!
Just follow these steps!
1) Know your Formulas: Creamy formulas are hydrating but may not last long. Matte can be long-lasting but may dry your lips out. However, longwearing formulas are more comfortable than they used to be so go ahead and try what you’re comfortable with.
2) Clean it up: Exfoliate any dry skin gently, by lightly rubbing your lips with a lip scrub or a damp washcloth.
3) Primer:A primer gives a good base for a lipstick and helps it stay longer. You could even apply just a dab of your every-day lip balm to keep it moisturized.
4) Intensify:Lining your lips neutralizes their natural tone so the lipstick will be more opaque and closer to what the pigment is in the tube.
5) The Brush Helps: Take the extra time to apply it with a brush in the morning or before a night out to make it last longer since the brush helps the pigment apply better over any cracks or crevices.
6) Divide and Conquer: Don’t put on lipstick in just two big swipes. Doing so leads to uneven application and may bleed out leaving a hot mess. Instead apply on both top and bottom lips in two swipes each. On your top lip, start from the middle of your pout and pull outwards to one corner, do the same on the other side. Then on your bottom lip start from one corner and swipe till the middle and then from the other corner to the middle.
7) Blot the Right Way: Blot in between applications by gently pressing a tissue to your lips. Don’t press down on the tissue with the tissue in between your lips because that will wear off the lipstick unevenly.
8) No lipstick on Your Teeth: Put your index finger in your mouth and gently close your lips around it then pull it out. This takes off any lipstick from the inside of your lips so it won’t end up on your teeth.
9) Top With Gloss: The shine will help make your lips look even plumper. If you don’t like the sticky feeling, just use a small dab in the middle of your bottom lip.
10) Highlight it: Dab a little highlighter on your cupid’s bow (the ‘U’ area of your upper lip) the light reflecting particles will help draw attention to this part of your lips and define it.
Yes! There is a red for EVERYONE:
To find the best hue for you, follow this:
-Fair skin looks best with a cool tone red or in other words a blue-red hue (Ruby Woo by MAC)
-Olive skin is flattered by a warm tone red or in other words an orange-red. (Rubis Rouge by Chambor)
-Dark skin looks best with a burgundy red.
For Nude Shades:
The most flattering lipstick is one shade deeper than your skin tone:
-Olive-skinned or dark-skinned ladies should try a hue with a hint of sandy beige.
-Those with fair skin should go with a hint of pink.