Besties and Birthdays






Twenty two years ago, on the 20th of August I and two of my favorite people in the world were born - Jatin and Zohra. True I didn't know they existed till about 5.5 and 4 years ago respectively, but through the years it seems like I know them since the beginning of time itself.
     Don't you just love that? The feeling that you've known your best buddies since forever; a feeling that stems from all the sh*t you've been through together, good and bad. It is said that with time all things heal and most things change but I now understand the essence of that statement and have a slight difference of opinion. It is not time that heals, it is a true friend who helps you through it. They understand when words fail you and listen when you suffer from verbal diarrhea about all your problems! They love you not only for all the good things you want the world to see but also love you with your flaws and tantrums, without judgement and stand the test of time.
     At this point, I must admit that when asked about my closest friends I can't think of one person but instead of a couple of people who have stood by me through everything. True the list (if there ever could be a list) starts with my sister but the story of my friends is a story for another post :P for now, this post is dedicated to the two Leos I love - Jatin and Zohra and of course our "adopted Leo" -Salima who although wasn't born on the 20th with the three of us, is lucky enough to celebrate her birthday twice a year once with us and then of course her own :P
     This year the celebrations started off at 12:00 am on 20th with a surprise visit with cakes and presents (another reason why I love birthdays!) My childhood bestie - Alpana, sent across this beautiful neckpiece that I absolutely love!! It's from an online shopping site: www.urbantouch.com



And this is what I wore it with:
Top-, Jeggings - Promod, Shoes- Charles & Keith, Bag- Accessorize, Watch- Allen Solly, Bangles - Ayesha, MaX and thrifted, Lipstick - MAC (Please Me), Shades - ALDO




(In the picture ^ Zohra,left. Salima right)

This year we celebrated our birthday by going to one of my current favorite places to dine - Rucci & Idoni (by Ohri's) location: Urmila Towers, 1st & 2nd Floor, Road No.10, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 




The continental cuisine along with its taste and presentation is spot on, not to mention their array of lovely deserts! If you get a chance to go to Rucci & Idoni, be sure to try out the Mango lemonade and the Blackcurrent lemonade! It's heaven in a mason jar!



Roast Chicken

The  sinful Ebony and Ivory Souffle 


The ambiance is not that of a fine dining experience but is still pretty good even on weekends.
Downside: They don't take reservations and is therefore on a first-come-first-served basis but getting a table is not an impossible task.
If you haven't tried it out yet then do so this weekend or better yet, why not make it a beginning-of-the-week celebration! ;)


Love
Bee



Comments

Popular Posts